I have to bring up the new, and get rid the old..
Here it goes again, another clock is ticking; I think I have started quite late, but I bet I will unlock my creativity when the time is right. Art has been the greatest gift, letting me to know what true beauty is. Eventually it has become the longest desire and interest of my life. I have taken one step of a life time to be a designer, but being a designer is only my career (the one who designs for your client due to their requirement). Well, I never wanted to spend my whole life just like that.
When I was young, I actually never realized that I drew a lot, after the closest people around have shown their supports over my drawings. It was not the coolest drawings to say, but they allowed me to open my eyes widely, and think out of the box. Since then, during school days, teacher would ask “What is your ambition?” I never thought of what I wanna be, most of the people would think “I wanna be rich,..etc”. Hell yeah, nobody would want to starve under the poverty.
Now, I am in the progress of getting my job seriously as a designer. I have to admit that I was not a Grade A student during school days because I was lazy and not quite interested on certain subjects. I am just a typical Chinese who does not talk much, but I am finding every way to strive to be top of the world. I have seen some of my ex-colleagues, locating, where they are and where I am now. I am lucky and grateful enough to be at the position now, or else I would end up like them in a shopping mall, coffee shop, or hanging out with a bunch of kids in a cyber cafe 24/7.
I have aims instead of being just a typical designer. I just love to convey a message through an image on any media. I admire plenty of artworks that actually inspired and motivated me to think positive (for now that’s the only way I guess). Just so you know, I am a pessimist; I am a person who gives up easily. I still question myself everyday, my voice (which is unspeakable) keeps talking in my head. I am on pursuit.
Maybe some of you are starting to stereotype, to assume, or to think the things that are opposite to me. I believe there are people who use the right brain, and the people who use the left brain. So, I am quite dissatisfied with people who compared designers/artistes are jobs for failures. Fyi, design and art are two different thing basically but they do share some same aspect. However, these people who started to prejudge are totally douche bag, saying “Designers have no future”. If you are an accountant, an engineer, etc..because you got good grades in your studies and you achieved to get a high paid job. Well, at least I am doing what I love to do, something I passionate about. Somehow I do not think being the wealthiest person is THAT IMPORTANT, if you are not knowledgeable to some common sense and start talking before you think. Your properties will be cheap and old.
Laugh at us, someday people will laugh back at you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Lol. Agree with the last bit of your post. It's true people don't look up to artists and designers..they just don't see where what they wear, what they live, what they enjoy watching come from. =\ Hahah, haven't dropped by here in long time. What happened to tagboard?
under construction. lol
Post a Comment